Sunday, January 6, 2013

World's Best Quiche

A couple of weeks ago Ethan was reading a book that mentioned quiche.  He asked me what it was and when I told him, he started begging me to make it.  I came across a new recipe that I wanted to try and it turned out to be AMAZING.  I made it for breakfast one Saturday and our whole family devoured it!

World's Best {and easiest} Quiche

2 shallow pie crusts or 1 deep dish pie crust, unbaked
5 eggs
 1 1/2 C half and half
2 C shredded cheese ( I used colby-jack, which is our favorite)
3 Tbsp flour
9 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled (I always have Costco pre-cooked on hand)
1 green onion bunch, diced

Mix everything together and pour into the pie crust.  It will fill two shallow crusts perfectly, or one deep dish with a little bit remaining.  Don't fill the crust all the way to the top because the eggs will slightly expand when cooking.

The recipe doesn't call for it, but I sprinkled it with a little bit of dill weed on top for extra flavor.  So good!

Wrap the pie edges in foil so they don't burn, and bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes.  Let set for about 10 minutes before cutting into it.  It'll be gone in a few minutes!

No comments: